* 4 Pounds peeled shrimp
* 1 table spoon sesame oil
* 3 oz tapioca starch or potato starch
* 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
* 4 teaspoons sugar
* Cocktail crab claws
* 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder * Bread crumbs
* 1- 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Grind shrimp. In a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat ground shrimp, salt and white pepper on medium-high speed for 6 minutes.
2. Add chicken bouillon powder, sugar, potato starch or tapioca starch, sesame oil into shrimp mixture, mixing on medium speed for 3 minutes or until well blended. For best result, refrigerate shrimp paste in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight before using.
3. Form the shrimp paste into round shaped balls. Stick the crab claw into the center of the ball. Make sure the shrimp ball covers the meat part of the claw and a small part of the shell so that the claw shell will stick out of the shrimp ball like a drumstick. Roll the shrimp balls in the bread crumbs. Deep fry in 325 degree F. for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Fry Shrimp Balls With Bread Crumbs
Form shrimp paste into small round shaped balls about 1 inch diameter. roll them in the bread crumbs. Deep fry in 325 degree
Fry for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
Dimsum Chef: Thai Lam