. 12 extra large eggs
. 2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
. 11 oz American Beauty Cake Flour
. 1 teaspoon meringue powder ( optional ) ( you can buy meringue powder at Michaels store )
. 8 oz sugar- divided
. 1 teaspoon cream of tartar ( you can buy cream of tartar at any supermarkets )
. 4 oz water
. 2 jumbo muffin pans
. 4 oz vegetable cooking oil
. paper liners or big paper baking cups
1. Preheat oven to 290 degree F for 10 minutes. Line 12 muffin cups with cutting paper lines or big paper baking cups. Sift the flour and set aside.
2. Separate eggs. In a kitchen Aid mixing bowl with wire whisk, beat egg yolks, vegetable cooking oil, water, flour, baking powder and 4 oz sugar on high speed for 6 minutes until pal and creamy. Set aside.
3. In another clean Kitchen Aid mixing bowl with wire whisk, beat egg whites, meringue powder, cream of tartar and remaining sugar on high speed about 4 minutes until medium stiff peaks form ( do not over beat egg whites, cake will be hard and dry )
4. with a spatula or spoon, gently fold in one direction egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture until well blended.. ( do not fold by mixer or over fold )
5. spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups about 80% full. Bake on middle oven rack for 32-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. If the surface is still not golden brown, turn oven temperature to boil for 45-50 seconds until golden brown.
6. Remove cupcakes from muffin pans and lay them on the side on a wire racks. Cool completely.
Note: When beating egg whites always keep mixing bowl and wire whisk clean and dry. this recipe can be used for many other kind of cakes with different frosting and toppings.