( Unsalted Butter Tart Dough)
* 13 oz American Beauty Cake Flour
* 8 oz unsalted butter ( softened )
* 5 oz sugar
* 1 large egg
1. In a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add egg, beat 2 minutes.
2. Add flour into creamed mixture, mixing on low speed just until well blended. ( do not over work once flour is added)
3. Remove dough to a lightly flour counter. Knead dough just to form a ball and press down to form a flat disk, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
4. Divide chill dough into 1 oz piece. Roll each piece into a ball, press onto a circle, then place in a tart mold. Press into bottom and upside of tart mold. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight before using.
Egg Custard Filling
* 18 oz boiling water
* 10 oz sugar
* 8 extra large eggs
* 5 oz evaporated milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven temperature to 395 degrees F for at least 12 minutes.
2. Dissolve sugar in boiling water in a bowl. Cool completely.
3. In a bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add cool sugar mixture, evaporated milk, vanilla extract into beaten egg. Stir until well blended. Strain egg mixture, remove foam.
4. Pour filling into prepared tart crust, filling 80% full. Bake 12-14 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 330 degrees F, bake an additional 8-10 minutes until center is set.